Strategy. Planning. Execution.
We provide best possible solutions to give your business a competitive edge
Working with individuals, sole traders, investors, partnerships, companies, trusts and SMSFs, our team specialise in tailoring the best tax and accounting compliance solutions for your unique circumstances and requirements.
We take particular care in monitoring Australian Taxation Office (ATO) benchmarks and assure your tax and accounting affairs are not only fully compliant with the latest statutory requirements but are undertaken in the most effective way to benefit your tax position and business.
Some of the areas our Tax and Accounting services include are:
- Income Tax Returns – Personal and Business
- Superannuation – including Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs)
- Preparations, lodgements, registrations and assistance with:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Instalment Activity Statements (IAS)
- Pay As You Go Withholding (PAYGW)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Payroll Tax
- Small Business Tax Concessions
- Tax Advice – Identifying tax-effective strategies for your situation, including advice and assistance with Company Incorporations, Entity Establishment, Business Structuring and Estate and Retirement Planning. We also provide Tax Advice and Planning for detailed assistance with strategic planning and implementation
- ASIC Annual Returns – Preparation and lodgement and registered office provision for incorporated companies
- Managing and Preparing for Tax Audits
- Business Results Review and Analysis
- Business Purchase or Start Up Advice
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Statutory Accounts
- Bookkeeping – Services – Ongoing, including Payroll administration SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL READY
- Accounting Software – Advice and set up suited to your needs.
- Onsite financial adviser
We not only provide stress-free solutions in tax and accounting. We offer mentorship to achieve your business goals. Speak to us about Business Mentoring to fully optimise your business potential.
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) enable you as a member to fully tailor your own investment choices for your retirement unlike managed super funds, such as industry funds. SMSF members act as a trustees or corporate trustees of the fund.
Our comprehensive SMSF services include:
- Professional SMSF Advice – Our advice and guidance is available before, during and after setting up an SMSF. Some key factors in deciding whether an SMSF is for you include the:
- Time and skills needed to manage an SMSF
- Initial and ongoing costs required
- Risks, responsibilities and laws around SMSFs.
- SMSF Establishment – Our team ensure that your SMSF is optimally set up, eligible for tax concessions and able to receive contributions. This includes:
- Planning and setting up the fund structure
- Creation of an investment strategy
- Documentation including the trust deed and
- Guidance on insurances, new ATO registrations and SIS regulations.
- Fund lending investment – SMSFs can be used to borrow funds to increase your investment portfolio, with tax-effective outcomes. We provide essential guidance in the areas of SMSF investment lending, including:
- Loans for a new or existing property
- Financial, tax and legal implications and
- Potential tax benefits relative to your position.
- Compliance –SMSFs must comply with Australian tax and super laws. Our SMSF specialists provide thorough compliance services including:
- Preparation of all tax, accounting and compliance documentation
- Provision of an independent SMSF annual external audit and
- Ongoing administration and support.
Choosing to self-manage your super is a major financial decision. Mentor Group ensures you gain the most from your SMSF.
Increase your business’s profitability and plan for success with a professional business mentor from Mentor Group in Langwarrin. Our mentoring services are invaluable for both start-ups and well-established businesses.
Can a Business Mentor benefit my business?
The word Mentor is core to our name for a very good reason: Beyond our expertise in tax and accounting, Mentor Group business mentors have extensive experience and knowledge in helping businesses grow.
Our one-to-one support and guidance can help you refine the strategy for your business, set out achievable goals and map out the best direction for your business to succeed. The positive flow-through effects of business mentoring can also benefit your company’s profile, reputation and credibility, increase consumer and investor confidence, attract the best employees and promote a healthy business culture.
Our Business Mentoring services are flexible and include:
- Access to high quality independent advice
- A confidential sounding board for you and your business
- Honest, constructive feedback with detailed recommendations
- An objective on-premises business review – including:
- Business planning and cash flow
- Productivity advice and specific guidance as to how to increase your business’s profitability
- Developing effective marketing strategies
- Identifying new opportunities, products and services
- Improving time management and
- Maintaining business momentum
- Assistance in decision making and managing business challenges
- Ongoing professional, friendly and unbiased support
- Help in writing a business plan and planning for future growth and success
- The provision of contacts and networks to further your personal and business development and
- The benefits of our experience in both what fails and succeeds.
Mentor Group business mentors provide a fresh and professional perspective on your business, drawing on the skills and knowledge we have acquired and honed over many years. As dedicated business mentors, our interest is in optimising your business and making it work for you.
Setting up or restructuring a business can be complex. Among the many facets involved are setting up an entity and structure for your business, legal compliance, addressing tax and accounting requirements and identifying costs.
We advise on the most effective entity to best match your requirements and assist you in every aspect of establishing your entity and setting up your business.
Our Entity Establishment services include:
- Business Entity Advice and Guidance – We identify the most appropriate entity for you, with careful consideration of your:
- Business ownership and objectives
- Income tax situation
- Investment needs and
- Financial and overall goals.
- Business Structuring or restructuring – Our tailored advice includes identifying and addressing:
- The potential risks, liabilities and costs of your business, as well as potentially “hidden” costs such as insurances and advertising
- The optimal accounting, taxation and legal structure for your business
- Alternative business structures and their taxation and legal implications.
- Entity Establishment– Our advice and assistance is all inclusive in establishing and maintaining your entity, including:
- All required registrations for starting or buying a business including GST, PAYGW, WorkCover, etc.
- Legal Documentation – We prepare all required legal documentation in clear terms with an extremely quick turnaround (in most cases incorporated within one business day). We also manage the ASIC and ATO registration documents for each new entity.
- Record Keeping and Accounting Software – We can advise you on the best accounting software for your needs.
As trusted accountants and business specialists, we cover all the bases, from entity establishment to Business Mentoring to get your business off to a great start.
Whether simply needing assistance with your yearly tax return, looking to minimise tax on your investments or in need of a plan to manage your tax affairs, our comprehensive tax advisory services are individually tailored and designed to minimise your tax obligations and optimise your overall tax position.
Some of the tax related areas we assist clients with include:
- Tax planning and tax returns – individuals, investors, companies, SMSFs, trusts, partnerships and sole traders
- Salary sacrificing and personal contributions – maximise super contributions and benefit from a fund’s concessional tax rate
- Retirement planning – commencing a pension from a super fund, transition to retirement pensions, maximising retirement income, investment strategies and protecting your assets
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) concessions for small business – optimal minimisation of your capital gain on the sale of a business
- Dividend Payment structures – tax-effective structures for payments from a private company to its shareholders
- Business entities and structures – commencing a new business, restructuring a business; set ups of entities, companies, unit trusts, discretionary (family) trusts, guardian trusts, partnerships, sole traders and advice for clients with or wanting an investment portfolio
- Transferring assets – aquired from inherintances to a self-managed super fund (SMSF) or a family trust; tax planning advice and minimising the Capital Gains Tax (CGT) on the transfer
- Minimising Capital Gains Tax (CGT) implications.
Tax planning is an essential tool for addressing all tax issues and for implementing tax-effective strategies. We invite you to discuss this with us as part of your business or financial plan. We also encourage you to discuss any specific tax issues prior to the end of each tax year.